"Look Before You Leap" is the second episode of Forever. It aired on September 23, 2014.
"After Henry pegs the case of a would-be bridge jumper as a homicide while the police label it a suicide, he and Jo go on a rogue investigation for proof. Meanwhile, Henry's anonymous caller surfaces again. Apparently, he has been tracking him for years. A letter on antique stationary might provide Henry a fascinating clue about the caller, and he enlists Abe's help in tracing the note's history to a foreign locale. Revealing flashbacks unveil the beginning of Henry's great love affair with his soon-to-be wife, Abigail."
- Lawrence Arancio as Alex Hulquist
- Angela Christian as Miranda Browning
- Rachael Emrich as Vicky
- Lakisha Michelle May as Sophomore Girl
- Royce Johnson as Campus Security
- "You can learn a lot from a body -- how a life was lived, what was their pain, suffering, life experiences, even if they were loved. But what a body can't tell you is why. And for those left behind, that seems to be the only question that really matters." —Henry
- "Sorry to have ruined your evening, Detective." —Henry
- "Nothing can erase the pain of losing someone you love. You carry it with you for the rest of your life, how ever long that might be. The best you can hope for is that over time, the wound begins to heal. But no matter how strong we are, no matter how hard we fight...the scar always stays with us." —Henry
- Episode recap at Forever official website – archived from the original on April 29, 2015
- Episode at IMDB
- Watch this episode on CW Seed
- Listings, TheFutonCritic.com