"Fountain of Youth" is the third episode of Forever. It aired on September 30, 2014.
"Henry is interested in aging and how to die, but New York's wealthy elderly are chasing a way to turn back the clock. A clinic is dispensing a pricey product - Aterna - which is supposed to provide the much sought after fountain of youth. But instead, Henry and Jo are confronted with multiple deaths from the costly potion, which instead of revolutionizing the aging process, is turning people's brains into swiss cheese. Meanwhile Henry remembers back to dear friend who was diagnosed with tuberculosis in 1906 and discovers a link to this current case. Unbeknownst to Henry, Abe, who would love to be young and youthful again, is tempted to try Aterna. And Henry learns however long you live, you must live every day and hour like it's your last."
- Mather Zickel as Dr. Frederick Gardner / Harold Price
- Christina Bennett Lind as Sasha Savchenko
- Eric William Morris as Dr. James Carter
- "Youth is wasted on the immortal." –Abraham
- "There is a whole litany of things we can do to keep death at bay -- exercise, eat well, put on sunscreen. And though you might try to bargain with death, bear no delusions. It will find you. So if you spend all you time hiding from death or, in my case, searching for it, I guess the question is were you ever really alive?" —Henry
- "I don't believe in nothing. I'm a scientist, and, quick frankly, a skeptic. There's always something, so long as you know what to look for." —Henry
- "Abe's always telling me to enjoy life. I think I'm doing the same thing here. This is the most exciting city in the world. There is someone out there for all those breakfasts and dinners." —Henry
- "As sad and dreadful as death may be, it forces us to cherish every moment because the truth is...life is precious because it's finite. When you're immortal, you have to be reminded of beauty. Days stretch into years, stretch into centuries. Time can lose its meaning. So however long you live, even though that may prove a very, very long time...you must tell yourself to live every day...every hour as if it could be your last." —Henry
- Episode recap at Forever official website – archived from the original on April 29, 2015
- Episode at IMDB
- Watch this episode on CW Seed
- Listings, TheFutonCritic.com