Forever is an ABC supernatural/medical drama from writer/executive producer Matt Miller. The story centers on Dr. Henry Morgan, New York City's best medical examiner, but what no one knows is that Henry studies the dead for a unique reason -- he is immortal. With the help of Detective Jo Martinez, the layers will be peeled back on Henry's colorful and long life through the cases he is involved with.
The show was confirmed that it would not be renewed for a new season. Through varied sources from Ioan Gruffudd himself to the actual ABC network confirm it so. Much to the disappointment of many fans.
Cast and charactersEdit
- Ioan Gruffudd as Doctor Henry Morgan, continuously "reborn" in a nearby massive body of water, and has been alive since the early 1800s. His repeated deaths have given him insight and increased medical knowledge on human mortality—as well as his condition, giving him such advantages as the ability to identify a poison based on how it kills him—while his long life has allowed him to pick up a great deal of knowledge about human nature;
- Alana de la Garza as Detective Jo Martinez, who is both intrigued and disgusted by Henry Morgan's incredible and detailed medical knowledge when examining a dead body. She finds his behavior to be out there, but still relies on his incredible insight for solving homicides. She is a recent widow; her husband was a lawyer who died of an unexpected heart attack while running on a treadmill;
- Lorraine Toussaint as Lieutenant Joanna Reece, Martinez' and Hanson's commanding officer;
- Donnie Keshawarz as Detective Mike Hanson, Martinez' partner;
- Joel David Moore as Lucas Wahl, Doctor Henry Morgan's assistant in the NY Medical Examiner's Office, who expresses uncertainty about how little he knows about his boss;
- Judd Hirsch as Abraham Morgan, Henry Morgan's main confidant and adopted son. He was rescued from a Jewish internment camp in World War II, and Henry and his wife Abigail adopted him. He currently owns an antique store where Henry uses the basement for his immortality research of himself;
- Mackenzie Mauzy as Abigail Morgan, Henry's wife following the Second World War and adopted mother to Abe. She died sometime after the early 1950s, and Henry still has not fully moved on from her death;
- Burn Gorman as "Adam"; Adam claims to be an immortal of at least two thousand years, proffering the moniker, saying he "has been here since the beginning" and has not found a death for himself. Adam proclaims Henry's attachment to regular people as a mere affectation that he will grow out of.
- Main article: Crew
There were thirteen writers and fourteen directors for the series.
- Warner Bros. Television
- Lin Pictures
- Main article: Episode guide
- ABC official website for Forever – archived from the original on April 26, 2016
- Forever at Wikipedia
- Forever at IMDb
- Watch Forever on CW Seed